How to get someone off your best friends list? (All about Snapchat friends)
Having friends is almost always beneficial; we don’t care if we have a meeting with our buddies in a café or just chat on social media, especially Snapchat. When you talk about your Snapchat friends, you should mention if they are your usual friends or your pinned “best friends.” In some cases, it seems keeping a friendly relationship with a guy is no more commodious, and our Snapchat friends list needs a quick revision.
Therefore, how to get someone off your Snapchat best friends list when you don’t like to see it anymore? Too easier than you think. In this sophisticated tutorial, we are going to look for how to get someone off your best friends list, as well as Snap friend emojis and alter them. You will also be tutored on how to change friend emojis on Snap.
What exactly is the “Snapchat friends” feature?
Many users may have sent Snaps and media files to your profile but are not considered your “friends.” Snapchat friends are those IDs you have added to Snapchat (or they have added you conversely!) which have permission to share Snaps and content with you, or vice versa.
In the year we are living, Snapchat is now letting your Snapchat friends know more about you, regardless of what you post or share on social media. For example, they can see your real-time location, a feature that could be helpful when trying to meet up. The fact is that this feature is only available for mutual friends. The sharing period can be set from 15 minutes to a matter of hours per user, so no privacy threat is happening here.
How does Snapchat’s “best friends” work?
By definition, the Snapchat friends titled the “best friend” are the people you Snap and Chat with most often. Although “emoji indicators” will reveal shared best friends, Snapchat users cannot see others’ Best Friends lists as a secret. The philosophy of pinning some of your contact as the best Friend is to facilitate finding the people you have the most communication with them on the application, especially when they are simultaneously thousands of other people having a relationship with you.
In the following section, you will learn about friends emojis Snapchat and how to change friend emojis on Snap.
What are “Snapchat friend emojis”?
Like many other social media platforms, friend emojis are created to add several sensations to your private chat with other people, especially when there is no laugh or cry sound in virtual worlds. More than 400 Snap friend emojis are available on Snapchat, each for a specific event or feeling.
How to change friend emojis on Snapchat? To customize your Snapchat emojis collection, follow these steps;
- Open your Snapchat, and click on the profile picture in the top left corner of the main screen.
- Next, tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to access your settings.
- If you are using iPhone, scroll down and click on the “Manage” tab under Additional Services. If you are an Android user, scroll down your screen and choose “Customize Emojis.” On the iOS app, click “Friend Emojis.”
- Here, you will see a list of Snapchat emojis with their description designed for your conversations. Tap any emoji to change it.
- Click on the new emoji you want to represent the relationship. Now click on the back button located in the top left corner to go back to your Friend Emojis list.
- Finally, go back to your Chat section, and you will see your custom emojis waiting for you on your chat listings.
Along with friends emojis Snapchat, you can use funny names to call your best Friend on Snapchat. This manner can be utilized in the real world as well as on Snapchat, but make sure the nicknames you are using are not racist, immoral, or insulting. Here, we have collected some funny and memorable names to call your best Friend on Snapchat;
- The cute one
- The epic one
- Baby babe
- Sugar Pie
- Hot lips
- Jelly bean
- Sexy man / Sexy woman
- Bratty Bunny
You can view more of these amazing names on websites such as nickfy.com
How does anyone become your Snapchat best Friend?
Snapchat is a professional social analyzer, and it is better to know that all your conversations’ content and frequency are under observation. Whenever you start chatting with your babe or sending Snap friends emojis, Snapchat servers will start analyzing who you talk to most and who you send the most snaps to, and then designates them as your “best friend” on the platform.
In order to be titled a “best friend” for someone, you need to communicate with them more than you communicate with your other friends, and of course, that person should also share with you in the same manner. Any Snapchat user can have up to eight best friends on their list.
How to get someone off your best friends list?
Since we get the basic knowledge about friends emojis Snapchat and different names to call your best Friend on Snapchat, let’s see how we can return to zero in our friendship with a person; I mean, how to get someone off your Snapchat best friends list.
In order to remove someone from Best Friends on Snapchat, two main methods are available;
- How to get someone off your best friends list by deleting them
- Open your Snapchat, and go to the Chat function in the bottom left corner of the screen to navigate the contact list.
- Choose the Snapchat friends you want to delete. To do that, click on their Bitmoji profile icon, which will take you to their profile.
- Click on the “three dots” tab at the top right corner to view options to block or delete to contact.
Remember that deleting a friend is a temporary option, which gives you a chance to get them back to your list (they still can message you). On the other hand, blocking is a more permanent process in which you remove them from your list of friends and remove yourself from theirs.
- How to get someone off your best friends list by replacing them
This seems a more democratic method compared to the previous one, in which you just restrict your relationship with the guy who is not in your heart anymore. To run the process, follow these steps;
- Open your Snapchat, and go back to the “Chat” menu at the bottom corner of your screen.
- Click on the Bitmoji of the person you want to be removed. Next, find the “horizontal three dots” option on the top right corner.
- Here, you can see the “mute game and mini notifications” and “mute the story” options under “block” and “remove.” These items will help you to avoid the interaction and minimize it. Now you can choose another contact as your new “best friend” on Snapchat.
- How to get someone off your best friends list by just not seeing them anymore
The third method is one of those tricky ones (explained in the next section). Remember that nobody except you can see your Snapchat best friends. Since they are displayed on your screen, you can easily hide them from view. Note that you cannot hide best friends located on the “Send to” screen, but you can hide them on the “Chat” section.
How to hide best friends on Snapchat?
In order to hide best friends on Snapchat, you can change the related emoji from your profile. To do that;
- On Android
- Open your Snapchat profile by clicking on your Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner. Now click on the cog icon in the top right section where you can access your “Settings.
- As you scroll down your screen, you should see an option called “Customize emojis.” This tool will show you which emojis label your friends as: “Super BFF,” “BFF,” “Bestie,” “Close friend,” “Good friend,” and even more. The only thing you need to do is choose the label you want to change and replace it with another one.
- On iOS
- Open your Snapchat on the main screen.
- Go to your profile and find the cog icon.
- Now, select the “Manage” option, and after that, choose the “Friend emojis” bar.
- Finally, repeat the method explained before in the “Android” paragraph.
You can easily switch back to the default settings later, both on Android and iOS, by clicking on the “Reset to default” button.
Thank you kindly for reading. Navigating through different parts of Snapchat is not as easy as it seems, so you need to train yourself properly. How to get someone off your best friends list on Snapchat? You can choose one of three methods above, which can be removing, replacing, or hiding them.
Note that similar to events in the real world, removing a specific person from your Snapchat friends list will not remain without a reaction. Therefore, maybe you should act smoother in order to avoid any unhappy counterpart decisions. To learn more about the Snapchat friends list (or just want to know more about how to change friend emojis on Snapchat), you can visit the official Snapchat support website.